I'm just wondering can Epic Games banned me?

I just don’t know all the rules myself. And I don’t want to read the documentation because I don’t understand some things. I’m just wondering can Epic Games banned me? I mean can Epic Games close my account?
I’m afraid I’ll accidentally do something bad and this will happen. I know I can’t sell Assets from the authors and I can’t make Epic Game’s original Assets Remake or continue this game. But there are some other rules and they can close my account?

Yes, they can close your account if you do something that’s sufficiently bad.

No, there’s no “simpler” set of rules – the rules they publish, are the rules. You have to read them, if you want to know what they say.

In general, it’s unlikely they will ban you, unless you really do something criminal or otherwise really bad. If you behave like a normal human being who respects other human beings, you will likely be fine.

1 Like

I think if stole assets when epic games closed my account.

I was just afraid my friend was buying me some Asset that’s why I might get banned

Or I buying Assets Different sites

The rules for assets from the EPIC store are specified in the EPIC store agreement. If your friend is actually buying the assets, and actually working on a game together with you, then it’s fine for you to use the assets. If it’s a “friend” who happens to live in a rar file on the internet, then, yes, that could be a problem.

Assets you buy from another store are fine, as long as that store is actually legitimate. If that store sells assets that they “make” by stealing from the EPIC store, then it could be more of a problem.

As long as you play by the rules, and don’t try to get something for nothing, then you’ll be fine.

1 Like

If I making 2d or 3d assets (I want to make assets in blender 3d) I can use on my projects?

Sorry my questions

You can use anything you make yourself, or that someone else makes, that you have the actual rights to use. This is true as long as you adhere to the licensing terms, that you sign (electronically) to download the engine.

Note that particular use cases may have specific restrictions in specific markets. For example, Germany doesn’t allow graphic blood, nor Nazi imagery; other areas may disallow nudity, political commentary, and so on.
Also, the Unreal logo use rules have some requirements that you should also read. I’m not a lawyer, and you’re not saying anything about what you want to do, so there’s really no good way to give a better answer.

If you’re a legitimate game developer, who make games that would be OK to sell at the local Best Buy, using assets that you either make yourself or legitimately buy, then there’s nothing to worry about. There is no particular quality bar, there is no particular content restriction other than the kind of special cases I’m suggesting, and there’s no hidden catch. (If you make a lot of sales, you have to give EPIC their 5% though. Don’t forget!)

1 Like

Thank you so much! Thank you! You my friend. You really very helpful me
Awesome I love Unreal Engine.
If I making characters or textures I will download only Epic Games.
I’m really so gladly joined Epic Games :heart:
Thank You so much

Sorry I wasted your time. But, you very helpful me. Thank you so much Again