I'm experiencing persistent issues that were present in version 5.3.2 even after reverting back to 5.2.1

I was using UE 5.2.1, and everything was running smoothly, including the fast startup time of UE. I wanted to upgrade to the latest version, ‘5.3.2’, primarily because of its official support for VDB files.

However, upon upgrading,. The latest version failed to load any of my projects or new ones from the marketplace. The screen remained dark, and even upon successful loading, all textures appeared extremely low in quality. This made it impossible to work effectively as it affected the lighting and essentially every aspect within the project.

Additionally, loading UE5 became a challenge as the shaders took an unusually long time to load, consistently stalling at 45%. This delay occurred irrespective of whether it was a new or an old project. Reverting back to 5.2.1 didn’t solve the problem; I’m now experiencing the same issues I faced with 5.3.2.

I wanted to try a lower version 5.1.1 but is the same thing as the others.

I uninstalled UE many times, i added and remove line codes from config files (as seen here) but i cannot make it work as before.

Windows 11 Home

Nvme 2

12th Gen Intel i7-12700

64 gb ram 3200

RTX 3060 12gb

Anyone? bruh i haven’t been able to use UE for almost a month now…

It doesn’t matter what i do, everything is low poly and all my projects are a mess since the 5.3.2 update and now all the versions i tried so far since then

Sounds like corrupt files/installation to me. I don’t know if you have solved your issues or not but if you have solved your issue please share your solution. I would say I did experience an issue when updating the unreal launcher but after trying random things it updated properly eventually. I keep auto updates off and I tend to be on the cautious side when updating as sometimes updating anything at all can just go wrong for any random reason.

If you haven’t solved your issue then I’d suggest backing up all your content and use an uninstall tool like revo Uninstaller or some other uninstall tool and do a clean/deep uninstall of unreal and reinstall to 5.3.2. From my experience I just don’t think this issue is specifically related to 5.3.2 as I haven’t experienced any new issues with this version.

I think it was the activation of lumen on the project option, lumen, ray tracing and all that, you know like full power. If i disable those, the project loads just fine