I'll post this again since you closed this question real quick

Why did I get an email of this just to have it close right away??? I got this email 4 hours ago and it closed 4 hours ago.

Again, I was downloading ARK Editor for hours and had it at 50% done but had to restart my computer. After my computer booted up your Launcher STARTS back ALL over again! At 6 Mbps that sucks.

This is a major bug where I restarted Windows and the Launcher just said "well you have to start ALL OVER again when I reopen again.

I’ll just post this all over Facebook when you CLOSED this post and on how bad Epice is when it comes to a resolution.

Looking at the other question you asked that was closed the staff provided you with a link to contact Epic about your launcher problem. Did you try going to that link and clicking “Contact Us”? That’d give you the best chance of getting help with your issue.

Hello,

For issues with the Epic Games Launcher, please visit: Epic Games Technical Support & Customer Service | Epic Games

There you will find various troubleshooting articles as well as an Email Us button that you can use to get in touch with one of our support staff who can assist you further with this.

Thanks