IKINEMA RunTime Indie for UE4.21, In-Game Retargeting and Style Shapes

Is this all we know? I’ve emailed them a few times on where to download the latest run-time but haven’t heard back. I want to integrate this into our project but not if we don’t know what’s happening with them obviously…

1. Has the styles feature been released yet?
  2. what’s the latest plugin version? I got the 4.22 but not sure if there was an update, looks like I got end of July I think.

Hope they’re still around, I like their plugin and the styles feature looks awesome

Apple buys UK visual effects company iKinema

Yeah but that means they will discontinue the plugin most likely :confused:

It seems quite obvious.
There should be a law worldwide to not leave customers all of a sudden and oblige anyone buying a business/company/corporation to ensure quality support to customers for a couple of years at least. Otherwise as soon as a big corporation buys any smaller or tiny one the customers would just lose their money put on products that would get discontinued with no respect for anyone.
It is not just this case with Apple. Adobe, Autodesk and many others did way worse. It is something that keeps going and getting worse and IT businesses seem even more affected than others. It is rare that a car manufacturer got bought by a bigger one or another group entering the automotive market and stopped producing cars and giving support to its customers, even because there are laws in most countries that would speak troubles to quickly stop producing, same goes for other types of business. But it seems that the IT industry is allowed to have no respect and no rules. At least most companies/corporations just don’t care at all. And so customers owning paid products either software or hardware end up losing money and having to buy another similar product from another software house or hardware manufacturer. That is not good at all. Shouldn’t organizations like the WTO exist to ensure that customers won’t get affected that way? At least… that should be the main reason those organizations were created … but nowadays more than in the past it seems that they are pretty useless too.

Dam , feel like i dodged a bullet on this one, was on the fence for 2-3 months

Oh man. Apple is the worst thing that can happen to iKinema. They are just focusing on their apple-mobile devices. Little change they start supporting gaming or any other big modeling or animation software like Maya or Motion builder.

This is a big hit for the whole industry. Instead of IK games and animation films, we get emojis that has hands. Jippay!

Very sad to see IKinema go.
It enabled most of us to do high quality work in even smaller teams.

Just another good reason for me to disslike Apple

so, everyone’s ikinema projects are broken, no refunds, cant use the plugin ever again. this is super scummy, shouldve atleast allowed the latest version of the plugin to continue to work, but nope. never again will it work. enjoy your apple money, thats just scummy.

sad but true…

Anyone who still has the latest plugin available please PM me, maybe I can help with making it work again.