IGToolsPP: Speedtree to Pivot Painter 2.0

Transform Speed Tree models into Unreal static meshes with Pivot Painter 2.0 animated wind

Marketplace link

Speed Tree to Pivot Painter 2.0 plugin (IGToolsPP) allows to import a tree generated in Speed Tree (exported as USD – universal scene description) in Unreal Engine in order to create the following;

• A static mesh (nanite or not) with the additional UV channel and textures needed for Pivot Painter 2 wind animation
  • A material layer implementing the wind animation
  • A set of materials for the mesh, either with normal textures or UDIM textures (less material slots in the mesh)

Video: Presentation and tutorial
Written Documentation

The generated mesh and pivot textures can be used with Pivot Painter 2 material from Unreal’s Content Examples, but we also provide a modified version of the wind material implemented as a material layer, as well as default base materials for tree branches and leaves. Of course, you can also use the pivot painter textures and the anim material layer with your own materials.

I’ve started using this plugin for my personal project, so I’ll post here a few examples of the trees animated by the plugin.
Today example is a bamboo

Here a few more examples of trees, shrubs and grass animated with the plugin for my personal project:

I’ve recorded a first extended tutorial. It’s an introduction with a simple bamboo tree to have an overview about how the plugin works. I plan to add at least other 2 tutorials, one about materials and one about grass.
Please, leave a comment if you have a specific request about topics to cover in the future tutorials.

1 Like

Added Part 2 and Part 3, both concerning a frequently asked question: how to deal with Spine Only generators?

In case of grass (part 2):

and in case of a tree (part 3):

For the holidays there is a special episode: Making off of the “Merry vertex animated XMas” video clip I’ve published a few weeks ago on Artstation

Added part 4 and part 5 concerning 2 important aspects for using the plugin

Part 4: Wind Anim Layer and Wind Actor Configuration

Part 5: Layered Materials