Download

Ignore specific child bones when using 'Layered Blend Per Bone'

I want a ‘bite’ animation for this wolf to only be applied to the neck and head so it can be used while running, jumping and being idle.
To achieve this I’m setting up a custom slot and using a ‘Layered Blend Per Bone’ node in the animation graph.
The problem I have now is that I want to apply the animation to Neck and Head… but not to L-Clavicle and R-Clavicle which are children of Neck.

When inputting Neck as the Bone Name the legs also apply the animation which looks absolutely horrible.
Is there a way to also set bones to specifically ignore which are children of the bones you want to apply your animation to ?

Thank you in advance.

Thank both of you for offering help!

I tried setting the Blend Depth on the bones I don’t want to animate to -1, however this doesn’t seem to do anything for me :frowning:
This would probably have been the quickest solution to the problem I’m facing right now.

I might have misunderstood the usage of additive animations.
So far I only used them for things such as adding an animation to the hands to constantly hold a gun up while aiming or things that are more permanent than a quick attack.

I tried using this for my bite animation, however I can’t seem to understand how this would work.
I think the problem is that within the bite animation itself the paws are also moving, therefore even when taking “idle” as the reference pose to base the additive off of, I can’t simply ignore the leg movement and end up with the same problem as before.

How would you specify which bones are affected by an additive animation if you can’t just get clean data by going off of the difference to a reference pose?