If older version of UE Editor no longer available with Epic Games Launcher.app, install from source code?

Epic Games Launcher.app rarely shows all of the available sub-versions : 5.2.0, 5.2.1, etc. Currently, as of 10 August, Epic Games Launcher.app is pushing 5.3.0.

5.2.XX is no longer an option!

Question: Do you know how to install earlier versions, after they no longer appear in Epic Games Launcher.app?

Is installing from source code release the only option?

: )

Are you sure that the Epic Games Launcher isn’t showing you older versions?
Because for me if I press the “Install a new version of the Unreal Engine” button, there’s a dropdown menu where you can select the version back until even 4.0

The only thing it’s not offering to install is specific older patch versions (i.e. 5.2.0 if 5.2.1 is already out) but in most cases you don’t want that anyways since these patches implement bug fixes and no backwards-incompatible new features.

1 Like

Thanks @arbertrary

I confirm that my Launcher.app does NOT show any version of 5.2.XX, currently. And, based on your shared screenshots, your Launcher.app is the same! You do not have access to any version of of 5.2.XX. See attached images.

In brief, I’ve discovered some incompatibility between version 5.2.1 and the latest version of FMOD - So, this is more complicated and I’m combing the FMOD forums, as well.

I’d be happy to compile from source code, as long as these instructions (for Mac) actually work.

: )

After further examination, @arbertrary , actually, I think I see why version 5.2.1 is not in either of our drop-down menus. It’s because we both , already, have 5.2.1 installed! Sorry, I missed that. My question is still the same, though. I want to test 5.2.0 with the latest version for FMOD UE-integration plug-in. So , I want to install version 5.2.0. Argh…

D