If I delete an asset and reimport it, it gets hidden in the content explorer window. And it's driving me nuts!

When I delete an asset and reimport it, mostly, it works dandy n fine. But more times than occasionally, the asset gets hidden. I reimport the asset and all I get is it’s folder, the asset itself is hidden wtf. I know it’s there because my Windows Explorer shows it being there. This is also a problem when creating assets of the exact same name as the deleted asset. UE4 will give an error stating that an asset with that name already exists. THEN FFFFIN DELETE IT LIKE I TOLD YOU TO buttttt “nooooooo imma just hide this for safekeeping cuz I’m a hoarder and ruin your day and make your life miserable” -UE4 Content Explorer

Please do note that this is mitigated but simply changing the name of the asset you are reimporting as I’ve seen UE4 only checks the name and if its a “deleted” asset, then it hides it even if it was a completely different asset with the same name.

Any way to fix this?

1 Like

I have similar problem. In blueprint I create an asset. Delete asset. Recompile. And when I try to create same asset, message comes out saying it already exists.
But in my case it is not even visible in Windows Explorer. It 's simply not there.
Only deleting Binary folder and rebuilding works.
I am just as frustrated as you sound.