Idol

For questions relating to the current active challenge please use the tag UnrealChallenge
For submissions please include the tag CreepItReal

Title:Idol

insert link to your video Idol on Vimeo

Student Submission: Yes (pick one)

Credits to sourced content:

insert a screenshot of your project (in the editor)

Optional

• Description
  • Engine version 5.1
4 Likes

I love the scenery you made! It is very intense and dramatic :smile:

Greetings @ivasiikk !

Welcome to the Unreal Engine community! :medal_sports:

Thank you for participating in this month’s challenge!

Idol nestles in revealing intrigue as the clarity of night intensifies the fires around. The idols lend their firelit gaze and energy toward the center conduit, as the vibrations of the deep, guttural chant call forth the spirit of a deity of old.

Idol is certainly worthy of this month’s theme. That which is not understood can indeed be creepy to the observer.

Of what language is the chant? Are the idols designed to be made of carved oak or stone? If so, were the idols inspired by the Slavic god Perun?

That was a fun one, great job!

Hi! I am very glad that you liked my work, I really tried very hard when I did it!) The song is sung in this Danish extinct language. I made the idols themselves out of stone. And yes, I have considered many Slavic gods, including Perun, and in the side idols there is a lot borrowed from these gods. But I decided to make the central and main idol unlike anyone else and came up with that dark unknown god who is worshipped underground. :slight_smile:

1 Like

thank you, I am very pleased that you liked it!)

thank you!)

Not sure if you studied audio design or something but the whispering and fast-paced drum beat had my heart just racing. Really cool submission but whew I was not ready for that sudden stomach-drop feeling.

thank you for your attention! Yes, I did not study audio design, I did everything while watching a lot of references and how sound is presented in horror movies and tried to create something of my own I hope I got at least a little :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Definitely did a great job with it. It left me with that eerie “being watched” feeling, which is definitely a testament to the effort put into the audio :smiley: