Identifiable Crops, Flowers and Foliage

It’s entirely possible that I’m missing some obvious resource somewhere, but there seems to be an untapped market out there when it comes to non-tree foliage models. has a tiny selection of assets like modern corn, wheat and aloe vera, but given the hundreds of thousands of plant species that exist in nature, the fact there are less than five named species of non-tree on the market seems ridiculous to me.

Were I not objectively terrible at organic modeling, I would strongly consider trying to monetize that hole in the market and just go nuts, but since I’m already trying to learn what feels like nineteen other subjects, I figured I might as well just point out said hole in the off chance anyone was interested in filling it.

In particular, I was looking for crops that could be used to make farmland areas, things like wheat, rape, barley, flax, rice, oats, sunflower, rye, et cetera. There is also a lack of herbs and flowers, sage, heather, bay, saffron, mint, bluebell, yarrow, thistle, poppy, violet, pansy, and on and on.

Honestly, you can type in almost any crop, flower, vegetable, fruit, berry and not find a single good model for sale. If it’s not just a bad model, then it’s extremely old with such low res textures that it would have looked dated in 2002.

About the only things that I *can *find are generic bushes and grasses that don’t really represent any actual plant species and make it incredibly difficult to do accurate nature scenes, since you just end up awash in a sea of pointedly generic green and suspiciously nonspecific bushes.

I’d kill if someone just started churning out identifiable foliage instead of “Bush 03” and “Medium Grass 2b”.

We’ve been working on adding a number of our existing VFX plants to our UE4 library and have added a lot recently. While we’re short on some specific herbs and crops here’s a list of the 47 plant models we currently have that aren’t trees or grass. You can check them out at https://store…com/product-category/ue4/ue4-trees/

Aloe Vera
Azalea
Bamboo
Banana Plant
Barrel Cactus
Bird of Paradise
Boston Fern
Bunchberry
Cattail
Cinnamon Fern
Corn Stalk
Dog Rose