There is so unbelievable much free Content for the Unreal Engine alone, but it really is a pain in the backside to find something when you actually need it.
I thought maybe it would be a greate idea to centralize all free assets, including BPs, Materials, Meshes, HOWTOs and links to useful Ressources.
- Only free and commercial usable stuff.
- Centralized Website with advanced search for free Assets, including BPs, Materials, Workflows, Textures, Meshes, Tutorials, External Ressource Links, etc.
- Upload your own stuff and share it
- Rate available Ressources!
- Comment them!
- The Forum search will eventually find what you desire (or not at all), but alot of assets are available via YouTube/external Pages only, therefore external links togehter with an explanation and example screenshots can be used.
- The Unreal Marketplace is a desaster in my eyes. You can not even filter for prices, it seems like that is ~a feature~
- When it comes to “free” textures you hardly ever know the real source, a comparison like TinEye or even the Google Image Search API could reduce some risks - automatically.
- It is centralized! Search, find, enjoy, rate, comment, upload.
If people are interested, somebody (or even me) could create this wonderland
Let me know what you think about this! Would it be accepted by the community? How could this idea be improved even further?