ICRAVE: Retail VR Experience

Hi my name is , I’m a visualization designer at the design and innovation studio ICRAVE.
We have been designing physical spaces for 15 years, from nightclubs and restaurants to hospitals and airports. In the past year we’ve been experimenting with new ways of visualizing our process and work specifically we have been working in the Unreal engine to improve our design practices and provoke exploration.

Recently we have been working on re-imagining the retail experience. We asked ourselves what would a shopping experience look like if it was not confined to 4 walls. In the past 2 weeks we have developed a VR art installation called R.E.M, learning blueprints, recording voice for narration and 3d modeling.

The idea of being placed into a surreal retail environment interested us because it goes so far beyond what the traditional model is. We personified a deconstructed machine to guide the shoppers through the touch points of retail.

It’s a little buggy specifically in the blueprint area. It was a huge learning experience and we are really excited about what the future holds for it as we continue developing it.

If you find any issues or feedback on bugs that you discover it would be great to hear below to help us improve the project.

The project runs on windows and requires a VIVE in order to use the program.

To learn more about

For any questions, please reach me at

Please use headphones when playing as there is audio that explains what to do (:
Download Link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0DpLsMXL0DzOXZrX0d0Vk9CM1E/view?usp=sharing

REM-07.jpg REM-08.jpg