Using v4.7.5 on Windows 7
Currently I’m running into a frustrating amount of differences between the functionality of my project in PIE, where everything seems to run as it should, versus Standalone tests or Shipped project tests (where it breaks in different ways).
Just today I added to my game a way for widget parts to be added to a horizontal box, displayed above my character (via widget component) to indicate how much the player is afflicted by poison/etc.
This works perfectly in the PIE tests (running “New Editor Window”), however when playing it via “Standalone Game” none of the widgets are appearing.
(note I already have functional widgets showing when player takes damage that do work in Standalone).
So I had hoped that maybe it would work in a Shipped game.
Sure enough when I built a game for shipping that showed up…however now all of the enemies I had moving around my environment seem to be stuck (though my player still moves-even though it’s using the same method for movement).
Because of this I now have no way to record and show current progress on my game, because playing in the “New Editor Window” can’t reach 60fps like it can in Standalone or Shipped.
Additionally because it all works in “New Editor Window” but is broken in different ways in Standalone and Shipped, and there’s no way to debug blueprint with those I am completely stuck right now which as one could imagine is incredibly frustrating, especially without any indication of when or how any of this could be fixed.
If there was any way you could declare known inconsistencies anywhere or solutions or workarounds or some way to test any of this or just get it functional I’d be incredibly grateful.