I was wondering how I can make a Building Prop / Blueprint Class follow the enemy player to make it look like they are that prop

Saw this video on twitter where a someone pranked their audience on a live stream to make it look like they got “caught” cheating and I was wondering how I can do this for my map (I am new to verse). I already have the “red box” building prop done and setup and was wondering what verse code I can use to make the red box stay on the enemy player and to enable and disable it with a button. (The box would only show for the enemy team as this is a 1v1 map, not to my own character) Example video: https://twitter.com/Roarwtf/status/1678963809602662406?s=20

to make this, you should create a loop that repeats itself every 0.0 seconds (using Sleep(0.0) inside the loop), which means every server “tick”.

Inside the loop, you need to get the player transform, and assign it to the red box prop.

To assign it you can use TeleportTo.

But if you want better performances (and maybe a smoother animation) you could make the loop repeat every .1 seconds and use MoveTo, which makes a smoother transition instead of TeleportTo

this can accomplished by having a separate Mesh then Attach that Mesh to the Pawn (somewhere around the Capsule.
then hide the Pawn by setting the IsVisible to False (marking it as no longer a candidate for rendering) while setting the IsVisible for the OtherMesh to true.
this way you don’t have to do any separate repositioning, and you can dynamically change what the OtherMesh is by assigning it to the SceneComponent of the OtherMesh.

also a Sleep(0.0) is a worse Tick() because you lose the consistency of Tick Groups, and it can still happen outside of the Input-Logic-Physics-Logic-Render-Logic Loop, so you also lose consistency there.

Tick() Did Nothing Wrong, it was people putting everything on unrestrained tick and in the same tick group that makes for the bad performance that Tick() is blamed for.