Download

I want to change the generator

I want to make a mod that changes the Electric Generator so that it won’t take damage over time in SE (other then that it shall work as normal). I’ve been looking on tutorials for hours but I’m flat out defeated and lost.
The problem is that I know what to change in the core file, but I don’t know how to make it into a mod file.

**How do I make a “change core file mod” that keeps all the settings for the core file (so the changed item will work as normal except for the changed setting)? **

Any help would be much appreciated!

You can make it about the Primal Game Data. Remap the old generator with your new generator.
And the generator is chanced in the game. But remapping have same problems if an other mod have the same item and remap too.
In the Primal Game Data you can remap a very lots of things, items, Dinos, SupplyCrates and more.

I hope it helps

Ahh, thanks! That helps a lot. :slight_smile:

Now it’s just to make the new generator work like the old one, so that it turns off in thunder etc. I know how to make the object and how to add it to the game, but I don’t know how to modify it so it will work properly.
Any ideas or tutorials for that?

I’m not home so I can’t check it, but you should search for “durability” and see there…

This you will want to set -
20579ae24432530e3c7957eeb587e4c1.png

And I think this also is related to that -
f205291c975b47cbf22d5adeb48d34f51d7d5fcf.png