I want all my content to be free

I am a professor at MTSU near Nashville. I would like to make my photogrammetry scans free on the marketplace for not only my students, but anyone who wants to use them. When I try to publish anything, the lowest I can set it to is $4,99.

How can I make things be available for free in the marketplace? I know I could put them in Sketchfab, and even though Epic owns them, it’s still an extra step versus just adding them from the Marketplace.

I also spoke to Quixel (yes I know they’re also owned by Epic) and they have no way to add photogrammetry projects to Megascans from outside people.

I have zero interest in making money on this stuff. I want my students and anyone else who’d like to use them to have access for free. How can I make this happen?

Paul Griswold, MFA
Asst. Prof of Animation @ MTSU

Marketplace forbids posting free assets unless they feature it themselves. It is the market’s politics. Try to contact them directly. Otherwise place on sketchfab. There you can add a link to your archive with the unreal asset to download for free.

1 Like