I want a laptop that can run UE5 smooth but i have no idea about computers

Good idea, however even chatGPT is getting lost with your post.

So after some working:

“Instead of buying a high-performance laptop with a high price tag, consider getting a cheap and lightweight laptop with a good screen. Invest in a high-quality work server and run the Unreal Engine on it, then stream the content to your laptop. This way, you can enjoy the benefits of a desktop PC while working on your laptop and spend the same amount of money.”

Because your advice was actually good one.

1 Like

the server will have a 1 tera of RAM…and 2 CPUs it’s really hard to compare it to a laptop no matter how expensive or cool is…even if you lose some crezy MS with streaming, it’s not a problem YOU ARE WORKING!!! you dont CARE!!! to play and enjoy the FULL HD 250 FPS you do it in your spare time in home

chatGPT is a stupid 5 year old stupid dumy kid who knows everything and can do everything… is if you ask them how to build a kamikaze kiler drone swarm with 5 kg load ecc BOT explains to you in detail how to make a kamikaze dorni factory…
Kamikaze ciat bot drone costs you 1000$ more or lessF-35 raptod is $135.8 million ecc…the chatbot won the war against the russians for the price of 1 F35 raptor…you can even use unreal engine AI as a navigator that doesn’t use GPS…

yes ciat bot is Dangerus…is a legendary 50 megaton Tsar nuclear bomb available to everyone with the internet I see it as a weapon of mass destruction in the wrong hands…there is no limit to tragedy I doubt that 100% of the human population 7.888 billion (2021) is enlightened by altruism and purity and he will not use the wisdom of mankind for evil purposes…It’s a miracle we don’t live in a Gotham City alredy…

chatGPT is a shout park TrollTrace.com omg
Tjing Tjang Tjing - YouTube

Actually this is what I’ve been doing for the last year

When I read this post by a staff member about remote destkop I was really curious, because I tried to connect to my desktop PC but the experience was awful (due to Graphics Acceleration not enabled by default on windows when you connect remotely)

This changed my life, really, I can now use heavy software even when I’m working on a potato laptop or tablet, the main issue is that you need a good connection (and if you travel you know that it could be an issue… I tried to work on the train in a 4 hours trip from my town to Rome, and there was no connection at all :sweat_smile:

By the way this is so useful even for other software, for example a friend was unable to use Maya remotely because it doesn’t work with the “Microsoft Basic Render Driver’” and he’s now using it daily.

The worst part is that I have 3 4k 32" monitors at home and it’s really hard to switch to 2 FHD 14" when I travel…

Agreed, I bought very nice ROG “surface like” tablet/laptop hybrid just for this setup, but not having 3 monitors is deal breaker for me.

1 Like

bro i think u should probably extend your budget because i dont really think that a good laptop with all the ue5 requirements can cost under 700 euros

Summary

I hope i posted in the right Forum. What you need to know about me:

It’s generally better not to buy a laptop for game development unless you really need the mobility, like if you’re traveling frequently and living out of a van.

Consider saving up a bit more money. With video card prices falling, you could get a decent setup for around 1000 euros. It might not be top-tier, but it’ll be sufficient for creating indie games that aren’t graphics-intensive. This could be a more practical investment in the long run!