I used my free VR mocap add-on to turn into a cute dinosaur for this emotional music video!

SideBySide_A_24

Hey everyone! I just released an awesome music video that showcases my VR based mocap/VTubing solution, and I thought it might be of interest to people:

My mocap tools are on GitHub here:

I’d be happy to answer any questions about the software or the music video!

2 Likes

Such an adorable little dino. And the animation for him looks so fluid - really impressive. Just out of curiosity, what was the most difficult aspect of creating this?

Hey, thanks for checking the video out! I was really surprised at how well (and cute) the dinosaur turned out.

Hmm, that’s a very good question! I think dealing with the NPCs was the most difficult. I didn’t bake out their paths, so when I was recording the dinosaurs, the cameras and going to final render they would be in completely random places (or were hand placed like in the subway). I wrote a system for randomizing their appearance, but in production I realized I needed to make that seeded instead, so I had to go back in and write a system for that. I am super happy with the life they add though, and a bug I encountered using temporal samples actually lead to the happy accidents in the time lapse sequence near the middle.

Thanks again, and glad you liked it!

1 Like

Thats such a cool element to include - randomized npc’s :smiley: Glad it managed to work out for you in the end.

Also, huge thanks for taking the time to respond :slight_smile: It’s always nice to take a look behind the development “curtain”.

1 Like