Download

I need Your Help with "Unknown Cook Failure"

I been trying to package my project so i can test it as a game on another computer. And at first my output log would show red lines of a package I had in there. I removed it because I wasn’t using anything out of it. It was the free infinity adversaries pack. After removing it, I no longer have any red lines in my output log until the very end where it says the build failed because of an unknown cook failure.

I looked it up and I guess there was a “solution” but some responses said their folders got deleted completely or they couldn’t control the player anymore. So I’m hesitant because I been working on this for almost 2 years. Does anyone have a solution? I’m using engine 4.10 because that’s what I started it on.

First of all, don’t be afraid of deleting some folders in order to solve this issue. Why? Since you’ve been working for the last 2 years on your project, you must backup the entire project for, at least, 2 different devices. Then, I would suggest you post your output log with the lines written so that we can analyze it together. But for now, you can scan (by yourself) your entire project in order to delete everything that you are entirely sure it is not being used.
I hope that helps a bit.