I need some help with creating my first game!

If anyone could have any spare time to help me with making my first game in unreal engine 4, please contact me via skype: owenhines

I’m basically just trying to make a very basic FPS that is capable of very basic multiplayer. The main reason is just to have something to work on when I’d like to, and to have something that I made to play with my friends! Thanks so much!

Maybe check out the shooter game example nad try to modify it? This would be a good way to make something nice, because most of teh multiplayer systems are already done for you.

Do you want to use C++ or blueprints?

C++ -> go with suggestion :slight_smile:
Blueprint -> start with the fps template and add some stuff. Take a look at those tutorials:

• ?v=TbaOyvWfJE0
  • ?v=1aSdzw5zPtg

Well, I have tried to follow the c++ guide from the official tutorial on the website, but I kept getting a ton of compile errors. So for now, I’m going to start with blueprint. But maybe after I get familiar with that, I can try again with c++.

I also for some reason don’t have any of the particle systems such as P_Explosion in my asset browser. I can’t seem to find them! Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

When you create your project you have to enable “use starter content” -> then you have all starter content assets :slight_smile:

Thank you!

Also, does anyone know the answer to this question: https://answers.unrealengine/questions/173112/make-different-colored-multiplayer-characters.html

Take a look at this video: &list=PLZlv_N0_O1gaCL2XjKluO7N2Pmmw9pvhE&index=55 You will just have to modify it a little bit, but it will point you into the right direction. :slight_smile:

I see where he’s going in making it dynamic in order to use the same base with different variations but in the MyCharacter blueprint, there is no material that I can apply this to. Could you help me directly on skype, please?

Yep, I can help you there, but unfortunately just tomorrow evening (pretty late here + I’m busy tomorrow till the evening) :frowning:

Alright, look forward to making it!

Another question: https://answers.unrealengine/questions/173439/unable-to-package-content.html