I need some help/idea for this dialogue system

So I am trying to create this genshin dialogue system where the cinematic cutscene/sequence keeps on playing until the player clicked (when Not in auto mode). When there is an option to choose the character will idle in the last position until the player chooses one of the option.

Example:

What I have tried:

I have created a level sequence with 2 skeletal mesh. Both the skeletal mesh and camera is spawnable. They both uses animation blueprint for the base idle and custom animation are added to the respective slot if needed. I have tried 3 methods below

1. Looping the level sequence until the player clicked. This doesnt work as I only want it to idle in the last position.

2. Play the level sequence until the end. The level sequence just end and switch back to my player camera.

3. Pause at the last frame of the level sequence till the player clicked. This makes the character just paused/not moving at all.

I am thinking of making the skeletal mesh and camera in to possessed and then make them keep the animation state at the end. This will also require the aniamtion blueprint to have each of the last position as an animation state (looping). This might cause problem in skip mode when the skeletal mesh just tp from one spot to another spot in one frame. (The hair physic will be all over the place) And also this is just super time consuming to make for multiple cut scene. Is there any other more efficient ways to make this works?