I need help with my blueprint in unreal engine 5 dashing mechanic

The dash work, but when ever i hit a wall at an angle, a curve or a small bump my character bounce and continue sliding. Also, the dash have some really weird bug with the speed, sometimes it sped up , other times it slowed down especially when jumping. How can i get it to stay consistent. (please excuse for my bad english and sentence structures, english is not my first langue). Thank you very much.

AddImpulse is going to add speed to whatever speed you were currently going.

Try setVelocity for a set period of time or explore root motion animation. This ensures consistent length, speed & time of your dodge.

1 Like

Thankyou so much. THE DASH IS MUCH smoother after i change i few thing and add a set velocity like you said, but i still have problem with the bounce. Also, i just found out today that if i input multiple direction (like forward and right) it goes way to fast, i think it might be that the Dash take 2 input vector combine and multiply them at the same time. Is there anyway to just tell it to calculate one but still keep the input (the dash is design to go omnidirectional). Again thankyou

1 Like

Not sure about bounce. Maybe the character capsule is hitting the wall or something like that. And I dont remember how to fix diagonal being faster. Google will fix that. :wink:

THANKYOU for the suggestion, after asking on some others places, people suggested that i use normalize the vector input so that it only calculate 1, the bounce is much less extreme now when i fix up the set vector that you recommend i use.

1 Like