I need guidance to improve my computer for real-time Walkthrough

Hello.

I would like to start by apologizing to you all, because I do not speak English correctly. Anyway, I will try to explain the query I have.

I have a computer and I would like to know if it is useful for what I need or have to improve it. I am an architect and I would like to make interactive walkthrough in real time with the Unreal Engine. The level of interaction that I want to achieve is, for example, virtual reality and augmented reality, also being able to change materials, objects, interact with lighting, etc.

To be able to work with this type of presentation without problems, components with special characteristics are required. For example, it cannot be any graphics card, or the motherboard has to be AMD, etc. My problem is that I do not know these specific characteristics and, for that reason, I would like to request your help.

My computer has the following characteristics:

System Model: System Product Name
BIOS: 1401 (type: UEFI)
Processor: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 12-Core Processor (24 CPUs), ~3.8GHz
Memory: 65536MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 65454MB RAM
Page File: 11383MB used, 54069MB available
DirectX Version: DirectX 12
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
User DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
Miracast: Available, no HDCP
Microsoft Graphics Hybrid: Not Supported
DirectX Database Version: 1.0.8

Card name: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
Manufacturer: NVIDIA
Chip type: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC
Device Type: Full Device (POST)
Display Memory: 40769 MB
Dedicated Memory: 8043 MB
Shared Memory: 32726 MB

Thank you very much for your help!!!

Your English is very good.
Good news! Your pc and graphics are completely adequate for everything you want to do using Unreal engine.
The only useful way to improve on your setup is better graphics: an RTX 3080, 3080Ti (when released) or 3090. Also fast SSD storage is a must.
But really, you already have everything you need! Good luck!

Hello.

Thank you very much for your answer.

Could you please explain me, why I constantly havethese problems ?:

• “GPU Crashed or d3d device removed”
  • “Out of video memory trying to allocate a rendering resource. Make sure your video card has the minimum required memory, try lowering the resolution and /or closing other applications that are running. Exiting …”

When that happens I am not using other programs.

Would you have any advice on how to improve my SSD Storage?

Thank you very much for your help.

Best Regards,

I use an old 11GB 1080Ti heavily for archviz app development using Unreal and have never had “GPU Crashed or d3d device removed” errors - This points to some sort of system instability or maybe overheating - I always use Intel because of perceived stability - Sorry I can’t diagnose this problem further. I’ve never had an issue with video memory either - I develop 4K touchscreen apps and vr experiences - Sorry can’t help here either!
Recommend a pcie 4 Nvme SSD - I usual go with Samsung SSDs.
Sorry I can’t be more helpful with your issues.
Best.

Thank you very much for your time and information.

The GPU crashing errors could be something else, but it may be related to your particular project and what you’re trying to do. Are you using ray tracing? If so that can fill up your GPU memory pretty quickly and that could cause those crashes, you really have to be careful with how much you push the ray tracing features. If that’s the case then getting something like the RTX 3090 would help since it has 24GB of GPU memory.
Other than that, there shouldn’t be any problem with your system and it shouldn’t be crashing a lot. Of course there’s more powerful components out there but yours is still on the more powerful side already.

1 Like

Thank you for your help!

I have to much to learn.