I keep getting error code "II-E1001" when attempting to create some unreal projects

I believe the origin of the issue is my computer crashing mid download and prevents it from completing. I am typically away from my computer at the time since it’s such a large download as well. when i attempt to re-do it i just repetitively get the message again. Typically resetting my application and computer resolves the issue but this time it will not preventing me from opening and using the projects which i want to use. I don’t know how to resolve this and nothing is found when searching for more information in the error code links provided. Also ive found this issue quite frequently even while just trying to transfer normal blueprints into my project.

5 Likes

Are you trying to create a new project from a project’s marketplace page? If so is there any chance clicking create project from your vault in your library avoids the error and ends up resuming the download?

So I was in the vault under the create project when clicking that is when the error would occur. I know for sure now it’s due to computer crash I still haven’t been able to fix but I did find a solution. Pretty much I had to open an existing project and force close it with task manager. Upon reloading the epic games launcher I could manage my vault cache as I please. Wouldn’t know what to do if it was my first project this bug occurred on however.

6 Likes

Thanks. This did it for me.

1 Like

The solution to this error code in my case was to go into my vault cache folder and delete the folder for the content i was trying to download. The folder was almost completely empty and i suspect it was only there due to the epic launcher crashing the first time i tried downloading it. Didnt have to restart the epic launcher.

2 Likes

That’s the solution for me. Thanks!

I managed to fix this error by going to the vault cache folder, right click on it, uncheck “read only”, and apply.

3 Likes

sometimes i have the same problem, but i guess it’s because i have my library on external hard drive, so i guess sometimes the launcher doesn’t see it

Thanks for the info. I had a project already open and all I had to do was close that project first and I was able to add the asset to one of my other projects.

this is certainly a more permanent solution and i marked it as the answer. I didn’t realize this post got so much traction when i made it so sorry for delays

sorry didn’t check these posts regularly but i marked a more permanent solution. for these issues. With yours however i would double check in your epic games launcher settings under vault cache location near the pages bottom that the cache folder is appropriately set to where the information is stored on your pc.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.