I have Kinect v2, the SDK and the plugin for Unity3d. Where to get the plugin ue4?

Hi Guys and Gals,
I am a newcomer to ue, just subscribed and installed today. I know i’m a slow learner, so please be patient as I get my feet wet a little. I have a new Kinect v2 for Windows, the SDK and a plugin for Unity. Now that I have chosen to try UE4 instead of Unity, I am going to need the ue4 ‘plugin’ for Kinect v2. Searches have given me lots of info about the plugin EXCEPT where to get it! Where is the site from which to download? If this is a stupid question, I don’t mind your telling me that as long as your answer helps. Thanks.

Hi Jack,

We have developed a plugin called Kinect 4 Unreal that you can download right now (our most recent update brings us in line with 4.6.1).

We have built an Introduction Level to showcase the features and some videos to help get people started with it as well. Please give it a look and let us know how you find it in the thread.

Thank you. I have found it and downloaded it.

Thank you. I have found it and downloaded it. It will likely take days or longer for me to understand the ue4 interface. I plan to set aside a lot of time tomorrow to import the plugin and get the feel of it. I want to view the featured video again, carefully stopping frames to see exactly what is going on. I really appreciate your help getting me started.

No worries. I found that the Unreal Engine YouTube channel was very useful early on to learn some of the features available that they have available

Good luck :slight_smile:

Ok, I finally got to it. When opening the K4UIntroduction.uprojectm, I am getting 3 line of errors:

Error /Game/Blueprints/Avateering/ABP_Avateering_Anim : Can’t find file for asset. /Script/Kinect4Unreal
Error /Game/Maps/K4U_Introduction : Can’t find file for asset. /Script/Kinect4Unreal
Error /Game/Blueprints/Avateering/BP_Avateering_Anim : Can’t find file for asset. /Script/Kinect4Unreal

I looked all over for these but couldn’t find them. Thanks for any info regarding this.
Jack6777

These errors would occur if the plugin was missing, the solution to this is to check if the plugin is there or to re-download the introduction levels as they should each contain the plugin already. Alternatively you could take a version of the plugin and install it inside the project file.