I want the wall lamp to appear lit, so I applied a material with emissive enabled to the lampshade, but a black haze appeared.
I apologize for asking a beginner’s question, but could you please tell me how to fix this?
Try adding an actual light sorce to the lamp (like a point light or something). It’s probably just lumen not sampling the material well.
I agree, a real light source is needed here, as emissive materials don’t replace lights. It will give you a “lit” look, but it won’t look natural. Test by adding a small Point Light inside the lamp, and play around with it’s intensity, if you want to keep the effect subtle.
Now, regarding the black haze you are seeing, it’s possible that the mesh itself has some settings to change. Select the lampshade in your Outliner, look into Details for “Cast Shadow” and “Emissive Light Source”, then uncheck them both. The first one is to prevent the shade from blocking itself, and the second one is to stop the material from feeding data into Lumen.
Thanks for the advice! I’m too busy with work to get started right away, but I’ll give it a try.
Thanks for the advice!