I hate UI in UE5

Hey there,

I struggle with UI a lot. I cannot even transfer color properly from Figma to UE5. Simply because there so many values and it’s hard to understand what do what.
For example button has 4 images - makes sense, but I need to put manually all 4 Images every time :slight_smile: ? I also struggle with transparency (translucent), the positioning, SCALE for different platforms.

Is there any IN DEEP tutorial or Guide Video about All Common Feature, like buttons, Text, Styles, widgets inside other widgets, when use not to use specific objects for best practises?

P.S.

(I’m Unity Dev)

Rule of thumb in UMG - use the native elements on the most granular level only. Pretty much everything that is to be reusable must be wrapped in user widgets. The native bits (borders / buttons / images… ) are not meant to be used as stand-alones.

Is there any IN DEEP tutorial or Guide Video about All Common Feature, like buttons, Text, Styles, widgets inside other widgets, when use not to use specific objects for best practises?

That’d be a THICK book that would rather quickly become outdated due to the pace at which Epic adds new features. If you think you can keep up, think again. Another overhaul and feature expansion is coming soon…

Instead, focus on the most fundamental building blocks first - user widgets, exposing their data and parent-child communication with the use of Event Dispatchers. This will allow you to build a modular UI.

There’s also this, ofc:

1 Like