I got the generic shooter, but i cannot play!

when i hit play on my generic shooter project, it crashes. i don’t know why this is happening. i would love help. thank you beforehand!

1 Like

I see you tagged this question’s product version as 4.8, are you are absolutely sure you are on 4.8? This is usually the reason it crashes, because you aren’t using 4.8.

Could you please post a screenshot of the crash error or log file?

Hey

Could you please provide us with additional information regarding what’s going on with your project? Please either upload some , or provide a screenshot as has suggested. This will be one of the only ways we’ll be able to assist you. I’d also suggest going into the ‘Help’ menu within the Editor and verifying that you’re on version 4.8.0.

Looking forward to hearing back from you, thanks! :slight_smile:

Hi! Thank you for your help. I sent it all to 's shooter support email, so it didn’t pop up here, but the conclusion that he came to was a problem with the video rendering. I made sure it was four point eight, and it was, so my theory is that there is some kind of connection with the video card and storage for video card that my five year old computer lacks. Do you know if there is such thing with four point eight? That maybe wasn’t used in the menu? To test my theory, I will try this project on my moms 2015 iMac. My computer was souped up by my dad a while ago, and I don’t really know what he did to it. Other four point eight files work on my computer though. Like, I made a FP template and played it, and it worked just fine. Thank you.

Oops. That should’ve been a comment.

Heres the crash report rampagekraze is experiencing. I don’t exactly know whats going on because I don’t have a Mac with apparently a Tesla GPU to recreate these test conditions.

Hey

Could you please provide me the specs from your computer? Also try on your moms iMac if you’re able to. Let me know what happens.

My moms iMac worked. I love the generic shooter! I would’ve paid 5 times as much for it. The problem with my computer, is that it uses shared memory with the video card. It’s about time I built a new computer anyway.

Hey Rampage,

I’m glad that your Mom’s computer worked for you. Hopefully you’ll be able to upgrade or purchase a new computer for yourself soon. Have a great weekend! :smiley:

Yeah, I think it’s time to get a PC with dedicated graphics.