I got 2 players shooting fireballs at each other in splitscreen. I need some help.

I am an absolute newbie and am looking to create game where 2 people shoot fireballs at each other.
I achieved splitscreen by editing level blueprint:

I have also made it that each of two players can shoot a projectile, one with gold texture and other with steel:

I need to make it so if the player who shoots gold spheres touches steel sphere the game ends and widget pops up saying “Steel wins” and if player who shoots steel touches gold then different widget pops up saying “Gold wins” and while the victory widget is on the screen player movement and ability to shoot fireballs is taken away. (Gold shoots by pressing “J” key and silver shoots by pressing “RT” on controller.
I’ve been looking around and trying to figure stuff out on my own but I have no clue how to achieve this.

So basically I need:

1. A victory widget to pop up when someone gets hit with opponent’s fireball.
  2. Disable all movement and “J key” and “Controller RT” inputs while the widget is up.

Do you need player blueprint or anything else? I just don’t know what I need to show.

I would start with the single player version first. Shoot a Gold Sphere in single player, when the gold sphere hits the ground have it Print Screen “Gold Wins”. Then shoot a Steel sphere and when that hits the ground have it Print Screen “Steel Wins”. Once the computer has the knowledge of which type of ball it is interacting with you can move on to making a widget show up. I know I am not going into detail as to how to do that, but I think that is the proper way how to learn to achieve your goal.

I am making this as my IT class final project and have a deadline and so far this is the only thing I have no idea how to achieve. Maybe someone can show me the nodes or something cuz I realy can’t figure this out on my own in time. It probably starts with “on componen’t begin overlap” node but then I need to test witch player it hits and if it overlaps. Maybe it can be done with controller ID’s? Because keybord player always has gold spheres and controller always has silver. I don’t know the ID’s of each player tho, how can I assign them custom ID’s? Maybe it can be done in level blueprint?

The logic I need goes something like this:

1. Assign “gold player” controller ID of 1 and “silver” ID of 2
  2. For gold sphere “On component begin overlap” check if it’s overlaping the player with ID 1 if yes then create widget, if no do nothing
  3. For silver sphere “On component begin overlap” check if it’s overlaping the player with ID 2 if yes then create widget, if no do nothing
    How do I do this, I have no idea how…