I feel like a great programmer

So far I develop things on my own that people spend thousands of dollars on, having teams and big budgets.I have no problems implementing everything I need, I can design a solution to every problem that is possible within blueprints.
I start thinking to try c++ as I do things on blueprint extremely fast and I learn new stuff quickly now.
My main concern is that code will take a lot of time to compile, I need to write everything in a separate application and it just looks pathetic like unity. And management… try to find a piece of logic in code. And time consuming. I can’t do things in code that are possible in blueprints like hooking some getter to a lot values. And oh my… I need to write everything with hands. I mean it’s time consuming. A really outdated approach.
Blueprints are superior than code, they are more efficient. But unfortunately slower

but hardware is developing so I guess code will vanish some day

No, bleprints are Rapid Development Tool, they are great until certain critical mass, then you waste more time on maintaining code.
C++ is superior for big projects.

Have you ever coded before? if you think Blueprints are in any way better…that’s just crazy talk.

I don’t want to sound like an ■■■■ but everything you said in that post is the complete opposite??

“I need to write everything in a separate application and it just looks pathetic like unity”

you mean write things in different class’s? that’s what you’re supposed to do…if you create a game or application and put everything into a single class then you are mental :slight_smile:

“And management… try to find a piece of logic in code”

is really easy…have you never used visual studio before?

“I can’t do things in code that are possible in blueprints like hooking some getter to a lot values”

blueprints can do things that code can’t do…even though the blueprints are made from the code in the first place…jeezus man think about what you’re saying…

“And oh my… I need to write everything with hands. I mean it’s time consuming. A really outdated approach.”

Can you touch type…cause anyone who can could write lines and lines of code whilst you’ve searched for your node…spent 30 seconds trying to get to the stupid wire to hook up into a stupid input on a node…

and then the coup de grace…

“Blueprints are superior than code, they are more efficient.”

sigh…honestly man…really…you may feel like a great programmer but posting this nonsense makes you look like the complete opposite.

sorry to come across as a total ■■■ with my post but if you carry on with this line of thinking you’re going to look very foolish.

I have experience with java, c#, web development, databases, uml modeling, android. I hold qualification in programming field.
By separate application I meant visual studio
Yes, I used it while developing a lot of programs on c# and its lightweight version with Unity when I was creating AR apps
You don’t sound like ***, you sound just like someone foolish and arrogant, I often see such attitude amongst teenagers with problems at school
So how exactly code is better? Maybe you even think that all kinds of gui suck and the only “true” way is a command line?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQCU36pkH7c

sigh…the amount of drivel that comes out of your mouth on these forums…

qualified programmer…at your next job interview tell them how you’re going to make office apps in UE4 and see what response you get. HHHmmm i’d love a spreadsheet that takes up GB’s of RAM…chhheeerrsss…

qualified programmer…c# and java are trash languages…well not if you’re developing web sites…they are trash to you cause you don’t know what you’re talking about.

sigh and again with the blinkered drivel:

“Maybe you even think that all kinds of gui suck and the only “true” way is a command line”

depends on the situation doesn’t it…right tools for the right job…if you wanted to run load balanced web servers you’d use linux/apache servers with no gui…cause why would you want the overhead of the gui…if i wanted to play Rocket League…I’d boot up windows…

you should spend less time spouting ■■■■■ on forums and actually learning stuff properly cause no one would employ you as a programmer with your current thinking or attitude.

Maybe you should try writing an OS with Blueprints…I’m sure with your elite skills, no need for a large budgets, schedules or team members you can pull it off in no time.

Teach yourself C++ in 21 days:

I’m on day 14612. It didn’t go well.

Specifically talking of “C++”, I’m still below day 2000.
lol I’m such a noob… Teach me senpai!

Dunning-Kruger effect?

Interestingly enough, you’re not the first person to point it out.

Loved the comic strip above. :rolleyes:

Honestly, what’s with this anti-code crusade? This is like a second time I am seeing a thread like this. Is this some kind of new joke? :slight_smile: