I can't save anything in UE5. how to fix this issue?

I’d say you (or unreal) doesn’t have sufficient rights to access a folder. Never came across this issue though. Run UE as admin just to test? Antivirus exclusion to the game folder?

1 Like

any old projects I can’t save on it but the new project I can (that is crazy):

Any differences in the folder account rights?
Right click > Properties > Security.
For example this would give you trouble if you’d even try to open a folder in explorer:

afbeelding

It can be that Unreal does not have permissions over 1 project but does over the other.

update: I do what you say I open it as administrator it’s working :slight_smile:
but what is the problem?

First close all the Unreal Engine processes, wait a bit, then go into task manager and kill any remaining Unreal Editor processes if any exist. If there were any processes, try starting unreal the normal way and see if the issue persist, if not , go to the next step.

Is your account an admin? Do you have the proper write rights set up for the directory shown in the unreal error? Could be you need to set write permissions for your account for that directory, it’s the panel on the screenshot I sent earlier except permissions should show “Allow”.

My guess is that you accidentally modified the folder rights at some point of some game folder which now refuses to cooperate with Unreal. Or, you are using a different OS profile which has rights to one project but not the other.

See also:

Can't save changes to blueprints

Sufficient permissions to save content

is there any problem here
Screenshot (313)

That’s the SYSTEM account you should leave it as it is. There are multiple accounts you can check out, the one you are logged into must have all these checkboxes on Allow on all folders in the unreal project. My guess is that the one folder on the error you got is missing this or is set to deny for some reason.

did you mean the project file like that or the program itself?

All files and all folders have such an accounts rights properties window.
You say if you run Unreal as admin it all works. I run Unreal Editor from the epic launcher, I think it runs as admin by default, since for me the Users group also only shows Read rights like on your tab. Best run it as admin.

it’s fixed thank you very much it’s very helpful.

and that what am I did .
1-go to the source project file …
2-press right click on the folder called (saved).
3-choose properties>security.
4-check your account and make sure all permission is allowed.
and it will be fixed

2 Likes

Hi… So i had problems saving anything on any UE5.2 projects. The solution was to verify the engine trough epic launcher. After that it works for me again.

So if there is any issues with the engine at some point, verifying should be the first step i believe.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.