I can't install Unreal Datasmith exporter for 3ds MAX 4.26

OMG! I have been at this for a while. Thank you for the solution.

Problem solved. Watch this video. How to Fix Windows Installer Package Problem [Tutorial] - YouTube Follow the step-by-step instructions in the video.

And UnrealDatasmithMaxExporter_4_27_2.msi right click runs as administrator. Solved :slight_smile:

[SOLVED] I solved the same problem by forcibly uninstalling “UnrealDatasmithMaxExporter_4_27” using microsoft’s own software: “MicrosoftProgram_Install_and_Uninstall.meta”.

1 - I noticed that there was already an “UnrealDatasmithMaxExporter_4_27” installed on my PC.

2- I tried to uninstall and the same error you reported above appeared.

3- I used the free software: “MicrosoftProgram_Install_and_Uninstall.meta” to force uninstall.

4 - Success! After having done the uninstall, I was able to install Datasmith Exporter in Max 2021.

4 Likes

Thanks!! it worked for me

worked for me too , sweet

I opened the registry and there I found the old files associated with Datasmith and deleted them, everything began to work.

Worked for me too, 3dsmax 2021, THANKS!!!

Thanks dude, issue solved!

Thanks! It worked for me too after hours of headache.

Hello. I have the same problem.
my install Log file include
install.log (632.2 KB)

from your log I can see
“The older version of Unreal Datasmith Exporter for Archicad cannot be removed.”

Did you try to remove it from windows first? Go into your application and remove your old Archicad exporter plugin and then try to run the install.

Hello. Thank you for your attention.
I’ve already deleted everything I can )) Even in the Windows registry there is no mention of Datasmith.
Previously i used to work Archicad 24. Removed the plugin even there. Checked the entire system for the keyword “Datasmith”… Other than the installation file there is nothing else. But the problem remains.
Now I can’t install at all for any version.
I don’t even know what else to do more (((

Ну что же. Решение есть. Покопавшись в моём лог файле установщика UnrealDatasmithArchicadExporter_5_1.msi я обратил внимание на строку 2265. Там сказанно "Неверное или отсутствующее значение (имя: “PackageName”, значение: “”) в разделе “HKLM\Software\Classes\Installer\Products\9557A7F15144E8141920BB4CF92B2DB6\SourceList”

Я удалил из реестра всю ветку “HKLM\Software\Classes\Installer\Products\9557A7F15144E8141920BB4CF92B2DB6” включительно “9557A7F15144E8141920BB4CF92B2DB6”
Далее запустил UnrealDatasmithArchicadExporter_5_1.msi
Установка произошла без проблем.

Всем коллегам успехов в творчестве.

So. There is a solution. Looking closely at the UnrealDatasmithArchicadExporter_5_1.msi installer log file, I noticed line 2265. It says "Invalid or missing value (name: “PackageName”, value: “”) under “HKLM\Software\Classes\Installer\Products\9557A7F15144E8141920BB4CF92B2DB6\SourceList”

I removed the entire “HKLM\Software\Classes\Installer\Products\9557A7F15144E8141920BB4CF92B2DB6” registry branch including “9557A7F15144E8141920BB4CF92B2DB6”
Next ran UnrealDatasmithArchicadExporter_5_1.msi
Installation proceeded without any problems.

To all colleagues good luck in your creative endeavors.

Hello folks! I found the “UnrealStudio_Data switch_Attribute_Holder_ModifierDesign2022.ms” but how did you find the ‘DesignDatasmithMax2022. dle’ file? Thank you