I cant compile unreal codes 4.12 with visual studio 2015 :(

hello, i have unreal engine 4.12 source code and microsoft visual studio 2015 latest version,
and i do tha same way (Building Unreal Engine from Source | Unreal Engine 5.0 Documentation)
but when i click on (build) in the end unreal engine .exe not build in binaries folder
please help me

this is final try to compile

Hi alikoloft,

We just released the 4.12.5 Hotfix today that corrects an issue that prevented you from being able to build the Engine or code projects when using Visual Studio 2015 Update 3. If you update to the new Hotfix version of the Engine, you should be able to build fine.

does this require deleting the old version or it only download new files only? because the editor size is big.

The Hotfix download is a decent size (somewhere between 1-3 GB, I don’t recall the exact size), but it does not require a full download of the Engine again if you already have 4.12.

Is a fix planned for 4.11?

Hi catalejo,

We are currently working on a solution for 4.11, but do not have anything definite as of right now.

We have some good news for 4.11 users! We just finished testing a QFE for 4.11 that will allow you to use Visual Studio 2015 Update 3 with the Engine. You can go to this thread to get the QFE for 4.11. This is an optional QFE for 4.11, and is not necessary if you are still using Visual Studio 2015 Update 2.

ahhhh no wonder why i couldn’t build anymore (i had updated to 4.12.2!)

Thank you so much for the 4.11 fixes… is there a way to make that installer so we can direct the patch, i also use gameworks flex and it is in a different directory

thanks again!