I can't build C++ projects from UE5 EA 2 in Visual Studio 2019

So I have created a brand new third person template c++ project from the UE5 EA2 launcher. It creates the project files fine, and when I try and build it from the Visual Studio 2019 IDE, it does not build.

the build command line is:
I:\Unreal\UE_5.0EA\Engine\Build\BatchFiles\Build.bat Alyssa_TestEditor Win64 Development -Project="$(SolutionDir)Alyssa_Test.uproject" -WaitMutex -FromMsBuild

Visual Studio build log is as follows:
1>The syntax of the command is incorrect.
1>C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2019\Community\MSBuild\Microsoft\VC\v160\Microsoft.MakeFile.Targets(45,5): error MSB3073: The command “I:\Unreal\UE_5.0EA\Engine\Build\BatchFiles\Build.bat Alyssa_TestEditor Win64 Development -Project=“F:\Dev\Alyssa\Alyssa_Test\Alyssa_Test.uproject” -WaitMutex -FromMsBuild” exited with code 255.
1>Done building project “Alyssa_Test.vcxproj” – FAILED.
========== Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 up-to-date, 1 skipped ==========

I have recreated the above steps in 4.27 and it builds fine.
I have compared the Command Line from 4.27 against UE5 and the format is the same.
I have been looking at google all day to try and find out why I get this error with VS2019 and I can’t find a solution.

Does anyone know why I get this error, and what code 255 means?

I have switched to compiling the UE5 branch instead of running from the Launcher. Now I can build the C++ project without problem. So I guess trying to compile a C++ project with UE5 EA2 from the launcher as something missing in the installed version that causes this error.