Download

I broke UE4

hi

I am using 4.6.1

if you found the title useless/confusing you know how i feel after a problem like this

i needed to migrate a blueprint for one project to the other. Migrating copies the asset and all the dependencies (I only wanted that one blueprint) and exporting works, but importing does nothing

i thought a can try to copy the blueprint file itself (what could go wrong?) well…****

if i do anything other then left clicking on the asset, ue crashes

callstack

even after deleting and (correctly) migrating the asset the problem persists

i have no idea how to force ue to recheck all it’s files

Any help is appreciated

Hi Mohammad Al-Hajj,

You should be able to manually pull the blueprint from your project by going to \Unreal Projects\PROJECTNAME\content\ and find the individual blueprint .uasset. Once you have done this you can pull the file or you can go into your backup file \Unreal Projects\PROJECTNAME\saved\backup\ and find a previous copy of the .uasset before it broke to replace it. For the crash, however, please post this to the answerhub at http://answers.unrealengine.com in the bug reports section so we can assist you in depth. In the answerhub post, make sure to include your crash logs, dxdiag, and reproduction steps for us to be able to reproduce the error.

For your crashlogs, go to \Unreal Projects\PROJECTNAME\saved\log\ and pull the log from the most recent crash.

To get your dxdiag (Windows):

Go to your windows start menu and enter cmd in the searchbar. Open the command prompt window that appears, type dxdiag and press enter. You can save this information as a .txt document.

i did the above and i am waiting

anyone else might know about this?

now to add oil to fire, ue4 doesn’t want to verify itself

Hi Mohammad Al-Hajj,

Sorry for the delay, I have been out sick for several days. What steps are you taking when you attempt to verify the engine? Additionally, can you link the answerhub post here so we can keep everything concise? Thank you!

https://answers.unrealengine.com/questions/187559/ue-461-breaks-on-right-click-press-of-asset.html

I go to: Epic Games launcher -> Library -> Engine Versions -> 4.6.1 -> “arrow next to launch” -> verify

what happens: initializing -> Downloading 0/231.7kB -> Installation failed: could not download patch data. Please try again later