I am trying to run games that run Unreal Engine but it keeps crashing

I keep getting this error:

unreal engine is exiting due to d3d device being lost. (error 0x887a0006 - ‘hung’)

in multiple games such as Halo MCC, Deep Rock Galactic and Dead By Daylight.

I have tried every solution out there including a fresh drivers install using DDU but it didn’t seem to get rid of the problem. My specs are below:

• AMD Ryzen 5 3600

• G.SKILL TridentZ Neo - 16GB Ram

• 650W Corsair PSU

• RTX 3070 (Gigabyte Gaming OC)

Here’s one of the crash logs from a Deep Rock Galactic crash: LoginId:406915fa44752b439ec88eaf5c6566c6EpicAccountId:942cf17599d84151b19a6edf - Pastebin.com

Event viewer also showed this Application Error: Faulting application name: consent.exe, version: 10.0.19041.546, time stamp: 0xc - Pastebin.com

I have no idea if it has something to do with my PSU or not. I got this error with my old 2070 super and had to return it, but that error gave a “removed” instead of a “hung”.

That means driver crashed, which effectively crashes UE4 game, it’s Direct3D passing the error and UE4 can’t do much other then close it self as it can’t render anymore. In software terminology driver it self is device, if it crashes it as same as device disconnection, hence the error is written this way. “removed” can also means crash it depends how GPU driver is written.

If you overclocking this could be the cause.