Download

I am pulling my hair out.... PLACEHOLDER

FIXED… had to rename my blueprint file in UE, close engine, find a random 3KB file sticking behind, delete that file, open engine, it yelled about missing references.
closed engine, copied blueprint file back to original name on disk, reopened engine and it was all happy.

so engine corrupted my blueprint file and had no idea, and was allowing me to save changes but wouldn’t keep references to my save class…

I have no idea why this is happening but it is driving me INSANE.

i have recreated EVERYTHING from scratch but this keeps happening when i close and reopen the engine…

5b099335f675e4f8cc9223b7949fd1dd6594a07a.png
5e1f1f80f7afa53fb6b0e94aafd6051b91ffe68f.png

What can i do to make this stop…

i have recreated the save game class / blueprint from scratch, i have deleted ALL references to the old one, started readding the new one to the blueprint
save everything, close the engine and reopen it, and boom this is what i get…

ANY ideas!?

i have tried re verifying the engine download

To me it looks like that the class you specified is not a SaveGame-derived class.

What exactly does the Error say?

The error is that my current class isn’t a sub class of save game.

however, i have a save game blueprint(child of save game class) with character info / game info to save.

i do create save game object, choose my save game class.

i promote it to variable, name it.

hit save.

close engine, reopen engine, and this is what i get… everytime…

What type is “PLACEHOLDER”?

I just fixed it…

so i told the engine to rename my game instance blueprint.

looked on disk and it left behind a 3kb game instance file…

i delete that 3kb file and reopen the engine, and i lost all references to my game instance but it saved the class…

closed the engine without saving anything renamed the file back. opened it up and it saved and all the references were in tact…

so the engine currpted my game instance blueprint at some point…

well lesson learned… i setup source control with perforce…

Corrupted .uasset is very common.