I am trying to re-Import A staic Mesh via Maya “send to Project”, it would be very comfortable to have an import setting (In UE4) wich would allow me to reimport Socket’s totally. I prefer using my 3d program to attach/delete sockets’ etc. I even installed 4.15 beause there was in Trello Roadmap written that this issue would be solved, but it seems not.
We had someone test this on Maya and they only reproduced the issue when using the “Freeze Transformations” option in maya, this will cause the sockets to appear in the wrong location.
Otherwise re-importing the asset with updated sockets appears to be working as expected as of 4.15.
Thank you for your Answer,
So the Socket’s are good placed when importing for the first time or after deleting the Asset Manualy and the FBX file in the UE4 Content Folder. but i would not consider that as an clean way of re-importoing. Again the socket placement works for the first Time but when doing some changes in Maya and to the socket placement within the FBX file, and than sending it via (set project UE4) and “send to Project” . After doing some changes in UE4 with the socket Tool it will not change the Sockets in UE4 . It may look that the placement of sockets changed if u move the Pivot, mayby he did something like this, because the model can be changed.
Also was he able to set an minus scale with the imported Socket for Only on Axis ( FE. 1,-1,1 ) ? \
Here Is An total Another Problem:
UE4 Blutility, Giving An Static Mesh an -Scale X or/and Y or/and Z, results an weird behavor of Model(The Upper Image is when i did one of the a b c steps, the down image shows the models( Yellow )( This happens to a variety of difrent models ), it can be solved in Editor with:
a) Sometimes using the Play/Stop Button
b) When changing the Relative Scale Into Absolute Scale
c) Sometimes when altering the Scale Values or pressing “Enter” with them
**PS.**Also an Tool or the posibility to add (Drop And Drag “like”) multiply Static Meshes into Array or the posbility to show an Folder or Pointer wich could be in an Folder to say please add all this meshes to This Static Meshes Array. To Take it Short: Some Way to Control Assets in a Larger Way.
I am the one who tested your issue on our end. I have a couple of questions to help me investigate your issue further.
On my end to test your issue I am using the following steps:
- Create a new scene in Maya 2016
- Add a cube primitive, set location to 0,0,0
- Set the Cube’s Name to TESTCUBE_01 (for both transform and mesh)
- Under the rigging category, I am adding a locator set location to 0,150,0
- Name the locator SOCKET_TESTCUBE_01 (for both transform and locator)
- Parent the Locator to TESTCUBE_01
- Delete all by type history
- Export All as an FBX
- Import the FBX into UE4 and open the file (Expected Result)
- Back in Maya, I Add a new locator at location 150,0,0
- I named this locator SOCKET_TESTCUBE_01_00 (for both transform and locator)
- Parent the new locator to TEST_CUBE_01
- Delete all by type history
- Export All as the same FBX
- I use the reimport option in UE 4
- Open the file In the mesh viewer there are now 3 sockets 2 are SOCKET_TESTCUBE_01 and the other is SOCKET_TESTCUBE_01_00
- The sockets in the expected locations
So couple of questions for you
- How does my test case differ from your process?
- You mention in your post making changes in the socket tool on UE4’s end, what specific changes are you making?
- Can you post screenshots of your issue?
Lastly, your issue with Blutility, seems like a separate issue, We ask that you create a separate post for separate issues to help with tracking on our end.
Hello, I will do that on monday! Thank You.