I am definitely being hacked

They keep replacing my player blueprint and stuff I’ve already done has to be done all over again, anytime I go online with my pc, even if it’s for one or two minutes they ■■■■ up loads of ■■■■ on me. No I’m not being paranoid, I know for a fact I saved everything earlier and now I have an older player blueprint with functions in it that I definitely deleted, I’ve noticed stuff like this happening before but I mostly dismissed it, but now I know for a fact someone is ■■■■■■■ round with my stuff

Also for some bizarre reason my computer gets a massive performance boost at night, there’s loads of weird stuff going on with my pc, if I ever get my hands on that ■■■■■■ I’ll personally murder him or her

Unplug your internet and see if you are having the same issues?

I use my phone Internet and I have to tether via USB, I know I’m being hacked cause I deleted functions saved and closed unreal then went online for a while disconnect open unreal and suddenly I have a different player blueprint that even features stuff I took out a few days ago… There is no other explanation and it’s obviously some one who knows how to use unreal.

If it’s only afecting unreal, then I sincerely doubt you are been hacked. The most probable cause is some corruption in your OS or UE4.

You should use source control anyway, even if you are working alone.

Amongst many tools running in the background, is there maybe a disk defragment / related optimizer tool running there? Unreal keeps file references locked (opened), probably causing unexcpeted behavior with these tools. I use disk keeper that is overlaying file system, but this issue have never happened to me, it however doesn’t mean other tools won’t fail to operate reliably. Antivirus can be an issue as well, just exclude the project folders from scanning, it doesn’t hurt anyways.

You should restart the editor when PIE testing your project, it may be failing to save certain content for any number of reasons. Do you use symlinking in your project? Probably not a good idea doing so.

Clear the derived data cache. You can try the boot.ddc first, then see if that helps with this issue. If not, you can reset all from engine folder (it will be a bit inconvinient waiting for shaders recompile etc, but worth a try anyways). Same goes for Intermediate folder, and clean up the hot reloaded stuff by building the project from VS.

By the way, testing in cooked builds run much better, it’s better to stage a product version of it so crashes / silly behavior will be more apparent.

Windows usually does.

It’s good to have backups, but source control is the right way doing it. Pick an SVN it’s simple to setup and it will make you the backups. You can watch the content folder only, it should be enough.

It is possible to additionally tune Windows 10 apps and services via powertools, there are scripts available on github that helps to disable some of those… things.

If you got hacked no one would replace your blueprints on you. Something is replacing the files like a backup tool or some similar type of thing is probably on a schedule in the background and you make changes but it goes through and replaces the files you changed with older backups or something.

I suggest taking a look at running processes and make changes save and close unreal etc but watch what is going on so you can try to catch the problem as it is happening.

Also make sure your phone doesn’t have anything trying to manage files for you while plugged in. Highly unlikely but just keep it in mind.