i accidentally deleted uproject. i have all the other files in the folder.

I just finished a project and I was trying to delete intermediate, saved, and binaries to rebuild my project files but i accidentally deleted the project file. i have all the assets and code and everything else but i cant open my project.

I worked on this for 2 months and i didn’t use git. i just got to know about git and did the setup and was uploading all my old projects before i start on the new one tomorrow, and i just deleted the project file of the latest one. i uploaded my other projects and this was the last one.

i really dont want to do the whole project again, someone please help me.

Thanks.

If you open the uproject file with a text editor you can see it’s just a bunch of text. I would try creating a blank project. Name it the same as the previous project, enable all the plugins you used. Then copy the newly created uproject file to where your old project is located. Let me know if this worked.

Oh, and did you check the recycle bin?

If this doesn’t work you can try to use a recovery tool like MiniTool Data Recovery.

yes the first solutions is worked

when i open the new copied one .uproject it says "the following modules are missing or bult with a different engine version:
Project name
Would you like to rebuild them now ?
the if say no the it closes and does nothing
but if i click yes the it gives error "project could not be compiled. try rebuilding from source manually.