Huge memory usage on Android

For more than a week I’ve been trying to launch my project on an Android device. Hope you can help me. I have a game project where one big open world. I have packaged it using Android ATC but I just can’t start the game map, it crashes with an error in the following line:

check (Data! = NULL);

in OpenGLResources.h file in function:

uint8 * Lock (uint32 InOffset, uint32 InSize, bool bReadOnly, bool bDiscard)

class TOpenGLBuffer

I understand that there is not enough memory. I launch the same game through Mobile Preview ES 3.1 (PIE). I run test Memory in both cases. On the PC in Mobile Preview ES 3.1 (PIE) mode, after loading the level in Texture Memory Used, the figure is about 160 mb. When loading the Level texture Memory Used, the same test Memory goes over the 500 megabyte and the game crashes. I don’t understand anything, why does it happen? What am I doing wrong? What settings could I have missed with this effect, when not a large amount of memory is used on the PC and on the mobile it is so huge? Can you tell me where to look? Really hope for your help.

I also tried to set the r.Streaming.PoolSize = 0 setting. But I didn’t find in which file and with what heading I need to do this. Tell me please.

1 Like

I’m getting the same error.
The setting for streaming needs to be in DefaultEngine.ini which is in the config directory in your main project folder under the [/Script/Engine.RendererSettings] heading.

Oops - this was 2 years ago… I guess I’m a little late to the party.