Huge frame drop when recording Matinee sequence

Hello,

I’ve had this problem for a few months now (ever since I started using Matinee in UE4). I’ve been looking for a solution online but I haven’t found any.

The frame rate inside the editor (or in “play” mode) is perfectly normal and smooth. However, when I click “record movie” in Matinee, the frame rate in the new window that opens, to recond the footage, is extremely low (to the point of about 1 frame per second). As a result, recording sequences takes a vast amount of time and it seems illogical, since the real time performance in the engine is perfect. This happens in all projects, old and new, even the completely empty ones.

I suspect this may have something to do with the fact that I’m using UE4 on a laptop, so the “record movie” function may automatically pick the integrated GPU, instead of the Nvidia one (the one UE4 uses by default, I have set this up in the Nvidia Control Panel), but this is just speculation on my part. I do have all the latest drivers installed.

My system’s specifications: Alienware 17 laptop, Inter Core i7-4800MQ 2.70GHz, 16GB RAM, Nvidia GeForce GTX 770M, Intel HD Graphics 4600, Windows 10 64-bit.

Please let me know if you have any suggestions as to how to fix this problem (other than to record Matinee sequences using an external program).

Thanks in advance,

Sebastian