HUD stretching in editor preview mode

I’ve noticed that the HUD in the editor preview (when you just press the play button) has issues. My game is designed to run in portrait mode, so both the camera (ortogonal) and the hud are set to this aspect ratio.
In the editor preview however, the preview area does not adjust to the aspect ration of the camera. This doesn’t have to be an issue per se, but one problem is that the HUD gets stretched out over the whole preview-viewport instead of adhering to the aspect ratio of the camera and the HUD-design. The reason why I’m pretty sure this can also be considered a bug is because it causes ‘Draw Debug String’, attached to an actor, to be printed at the wrong location. If I resize the editor preview viewport to portrait aspect ratio, the debug string correctly shows up at the actor location.

Hi BramV,

The editor viewport window is not designed to resize itself during PIE. If you need to test at a particular aspect ratio, you can do so with Play in New Window, which you can adjust using the Advanced Settings, or in Editor Preferences > Play > Play in New Window.

Would be nice though if you could choose whether the UI stretches out over the screen, or stays in the aspect ratio that you designed it for…

I agree, this should be a toggle.