Hud streching issues in editor preview

I’ve noticed that the HUD in the editor preview (when you just press the play button) has issues. My game is designed to run in portrait mode, so both the camera (ortogonal) and the hud are set to this aspect ratio.
In the editor preview however, the preview area does not adjust to the aspect ration of the camera. This doesn’t have to be an issue per se, but one problem is that the HUD gets stretched out over the whole preview-viewport instead of adhering to the aspect ratio of the camera and the HUD-design. The reason why I’m pretty sure this can also be considered a bug is because it causes ‘Draw Debug String’ to be printed at the wrong location. Here are some screenshots that show the problem:

This is the hud, with a canvas set to portrait:

This is the camera, also set to portrait:
camera.png

This is the screen as it should be (if I resize the editor viewport to portrait):

This is the normal view when I play the game in the editor, where the HUD is stretched out, which also causes the ‘draw debug string’ to be in the wrong x-position:

[=BramV;456992]
I’ve noticed that the HUD in the editor preview (when you just press the play button) has issues. My game is designed to run in portrait mode, so both the camera (ortogonal) and the hud are set to this aspect ratio.
In the editor preview however, the preview area does not adjust to the aspect ration of the camera. This doesn’t have to be an issue per se, but one problem is that the HUD gets stretched out over the whole preview-viewport instead of adhering to the aspect ratio of the camera and the HUD-design. The reason why I’m pretty sure this can also be considered a bug is because it causes ‘Draw Debug String’ to be printed at the wrong location. Here are some screenshots that show the problem:

This is the hud, with a canvas set to portrait:

&stc=1

This is the camera, also set to portrait:

camera.png&stc=1

This is the screen as it should be (if I resize the editor viewport to portrait):

&stc=1

This is the normal view when I play the game in the editor, where the HUD is stretched out, which also causes the ‘draw debug string’ to be in the wrong x-position:

&stc=1

[/]

Hi BramV,

This would be better served on the answerhub in the bug reports section (link in signature). Please make a post there so we can assist you more in depth.