Hud c++

Hello I have problem with my HUD class. I have created c++ vehicle project and coded my custom HUD in c++ after which I have created Blueprint from my custom HUD class. The problem I have is that all everything which I coded in c++ works fine but whenever I want use my blueprint to add some visual scripting function nothing happen (I mean wont execute) I have set my game mode and HUD class in the editor. Maybe you guys can help me because I am stuck now.

Here is my HUD class code

UCLASS(config = Game)
class AVehicleHUD : public AHUD
{
GENERATED_UCLASS_BODY()
/** Font used to render the vehicle info */
UPROPERTY()
UFont* HUDFont;
public:
virtual void DrawHUD() override;
};
//.cpp
AVehicleHUD::AVehicleHUD(const class FPostConstructInitializeProperties& PCIP)
: Super(PCIP)
{
//Use font from the engine
static ConstructorHelpers::FObjectFinder<UFont> Font(TEXT("/Engine/EngineFonts/RobotoDistanceField"));
HUDFont = Font.Object;
}
void AVehicleHUD::DrawHUD()
{
//Draw HUD elements
}

Hi there. :slight_smile:

I’ve implemented a fairly complicated C++ HUD which can be extended in blueprints. There are many ways to do it, but at the moment your DrawHUD() is not accessible to blueprints.

You have two choices:

1. Make it BlueprintCallable so that you can call the function from a blueprint.

UFUNCTION(BlueprintCallable, Category = HUD)
void DrawHUD();

Then you can implement DrawHUD() in C++, but call it from a blueprint.

1. Make it a BlueprintImplementableEvent which you can implement and call in blueprints.

UFUNCTION(BlueprintImplementableEvent, Category = HUD)
void DrawHUD();

To be clear the second version is not implemented in C++.

I have opted for both by doing this:

void ACustomHUD::OnReceiveDrawHUD(int32 SizeX, int32 SizeY)
{
	// C++ code drawing the HUD
	DrawHUD(SizeX, SizeY);

// BlueprintImplementableEvent which can optionally be implemented in blueprints to do additional work
	OnHUDDrawCompleted(SizeX, SizeY);
}