HUD Animation: "Pulsating" effect?

Hello!

I was unsure about where to ask this, if there’s a more appropiate sub-forum for this type of question please let me know!

Anyway, there’s a creature in my game that can grab the player by the head and block their view, when this happens a 2D image of the “hand” will cover the screen.
Right now it looks fine, but you can tell it’s just a png file. I’d like to make the image vibrate and have a pulsating effect, in order to better convey the fact that the monster is trying to crush your head. I guess the shaking part shouldn’t be too hard, but I can’t for the life of me figure out how to achieve the pulsating part.

Any ideas on how I should approach this? Thank you very much for your time and help!

Are you working in 2d? IF not, why not just create a mesh and place it near the camera (of which the location can easily be gotten?)
You can manipulate the materials much further then with UMG…

However on the lowe portion of the UMG panel you will find options to animate theorems on screen.
It’s not done with a material shared, but with a timeline, so you have to fiddle with it, but you also get more control.