https://answers.unrealengine.com unresponsive

Interesting!

@TheJamsh, does the Answerhub issue get resolved if you try clearing your cookies+cache in Firefox? (or reinstalling?)

The AnswerHub developer believes this issue is due to the browser holding onto old sessions from before we implemented the SingleSignOn. Clearing cache/cookies or reinstalling should fix it.

At the time of this writing, I also have no response from AH. (Screen stays white and the circle is circling).
(Purging the browser cache did not help).

Did you try another browser? Because I can get into the AH right now.

Did you also clear cookies?

Yes. We did :slight_smile:

cookie-monster.jpg

Just noticed that the browser is “waiting for data from secure.gravatar.com
I tried to ping it, but get no response.
Could that be a reason/an issue?

So I’m not alone! forums.unrealengine.com won’t load for me here in the Czech republic 30-60% of the time. I tried firefox, chrome, a different PC, chrome on a Nexus 7… The weird thing is, that it won’t load at all for, say, 10 minutes and works perfectly for the next 10 (I’ve made those figures up, but they illustrate the behaviour well enough). It’s been like this ever since I can remember (months, a year maybe, but I’m not sure). A friend living nearby doesn’t report any such problems. I’m on 120 mbit cable and have no similar issues with other forums/websites. It feels like it’s gotten a little better in the last couple months, though, now it’s closer to 30%, used to be like 70% :slight_smile:

So I’m not alone! forums.unrealengine.com won’t load for me here in the Czech republic 30-60% of the time. I tried firefox, chrome, a different PC, chrome on a Nexus 7… The weird thing is, that it won’t load at all for, say, 10 minutes and works perfectly for the next 10 (I’ve made those figures up, but they illustrate the behaviour well enough). It’s been like this ever since I can remember (months, a year maybe, but I’m not sure). A friend living nearby doesn’t report any such problems. I’m on 120 mbit cable and have no similar issues with other forums/websites. It feels like it’s gotten a little better in the last couple months, though, now it’s closer to 30%, used to be like 70% :slight_smile:
[/QUOTE]

Does it work on a different OS? (I know, I know. Weird question. But this happens to me sometimes with some websites.)

Well, Nexus 7 has Android, so no, no it doesn’t. It either has to be a problem with my router or it’s not my problem at all. I’ve been testing it again the past week and it’s still more or less a 50/50 chance of loading/not loading the page. Not the most comfortable experience! :smiley:

Can you get to a friends house and try his internet and see if it works? Or maybe try a local libraries internet?

From Germany here.
Wanted to report a Bug in the 4.10 Preview.
When opening the answer hub using a bookmark it does not work.
But it works for me when I click on “AnswerHub” in the launcher community tab.
Using Firefox in both cases.

I didn’t see this thread and opened a new one, sorry for that.

To quote myself:

Correct me if I’m wrong, but the pattern I think I see so far is that pages with inlined images load very slow.
Could it be that the page relies on some JS thats waiting for resources to be loaded, so all we get is a white page until those images are loaded?

However, the fact that the main page also sometimes isn’t reponsive at all isn’t explained by my theory

We still have very long load times with answers.unrealengine.com. Please, check this issue.

I do experience bad response times too, both answers/forum.
I suspect the problem to be DNS related (hitting refresh continously will make the page load).

Also getting lately very slow launcher log in and forum loads often as black white page until multiple refresh. Currently cant buy marketplace asset. Nothing happens when pressing the buy button. The button animates but nothing happens.

Answerhub is totally unresponsive on IE and Edge… Don’t know why…
And is somewhat slower that usual… But works… (Excluding those 2 browsers.)

Hi 94,

I’ve tested and don’t experience any issue loading or using Answerhub on Internet Explorer. Are you able to use the IE developer tools (F12 (the same as Chrome)) to give any insight into what’s happening when you try to load the site?

Sadly no I cannot… I was just using it on a computer at my friends.
But I was able to test it on another PC and it worked fine. (Albeit quite slowly.)

Hello!
I’m from Russia, and experience the same problems as described here.
I also have some thoughts about it: I’ve found, that, if I open a single page of answers.unrealengine.com, it opens fast. But If I try to open lots of pages, problem appears. For example, I’m searching something in google, and it gives me a bunch of links, which I open in background tabs by clicking middle button, and when 5-10 tabs are opened, staring to examing it one by one. And in this case, some tabs loading forever, but after I stop , and restart, the loading process continues normally, and content appears on the screen.

So, I have an idea: maybe there are some anti-DOS firewall, that slow down my connections, if it see, that I’ve made lots of queries?

I’m using Firefox, but in Chrome I have the same behavior. My Internet connection is 100MB/s, and all the Internet loading fast.

AnswerHub does not load properly for me too. Most of the times i have to reload it 2 or 3 times to make it appear. Using Chrome here.