HTTP/S POST in Forms via Blueprints?

Hi everyone

I’m developing a little app for increased productivity for my work in Cybersecurity, and one tedious thing we very often have to do is knowledgebase lookups, so I figured I would kinda build these into the app to make things just go a little faster.

I’ve looked through a bunch of stuff, including how to use VaREST, and I’m currently doing exactly that, but all the posts I’ve seen thus far don’t really have anything on how to handle HTTP/S requests in forms.

Unfortunately, I know next to nothing about how to actually use HTML, so if I may use an example:

The site Support, Support Requests, Training, Documentation, and Knowledge base for Check Point products and services has a search bar, and a button to submit the form, going through the html code on the page, I see that the variable holding the textbox input is as follows:

How would I get the user to input a text string and then on button click, open a new browser tab (Launch URL) displaying the search results?

Essentially, how do I get from here:

To here:

Thank you all so much for your time, your urgent assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards

Jesse

I don’t think you will be able to as this side use js scripts to submit the form which you can see below on button html. after that is done script does the rest of the job keeping the site compact.

You probably won’t get help here as doing API/XHR HTTP requests on 3rd party website without owner permission is not seen as good thing, it’s bordery of hacking the site. Some site owners are tolerable to that but you will find once that don’t like it. I also don’t think you will be able to just with blueprints and web browser widget.

Other problem is UE4 is not really good tool for what you trying to, do as you creating simple application using this massive code which only eats up memory for nothing, you might use different platform for that. If you plan to use that on mobile phone, you should use standard mobile OS UI for that as it usually provides everything you need, otherwise you really wasting performance of device.

Thanks for the input! Lots to think about