HTML5 very challenging, textures and mouse focus

I’m extremely grateful to all the people in this forum who have helped me learn Unreal Engine for the past two months. It’s only me and two other guys working on this and we didn’t know anything about it before two months ago. But as great as Unreal is, we’re concerned about how difficult it is to build our project in a way that people can just click on the link we will give them and get a usable version of our project.

We have made a lot of progress on the challenges we had, and when we do a Win64 build, it’s as perfect as it will be. Everything works.

But when building for HTML5, there are all kinds of problems. We had a problem with textures showing totally different from the viewport and the builds to Win64, but I spent all day yesterday and I found a workaround.

But then we have a movie that is in a full screen widget, and it’s setup in the project settings to include it in builds, so when we build, or ever zip up the project, the mp4 is always there, and it plays. But on the HTML5 build, when we get to that part and click to open the widget, it doesn’t play, it just shows white.

Then we have the mouse focus problem. The way we set it up, the player walks around a space with pictures on the wall, and when he gets in front of one of them, he clicks and a full screen widget appears. At this point, the mouse pointer is released because there are some links in some of the widgets. After that, the player clicks the right mouse button and the widget closes, and the mouse focus is back on the game.

Well, in the HTML5 build, when the user clicks to open the full screen widget, and then right clicks to close it and go back to the level, the mouse focus doesn’t go back to the game, it stays in the system, which is really bad because you move the mouse around, and when the pointer gets to the edges of the screen, the look around movement stops. So the other has to click once more to give the game focus, but if that click happens when the center of the screen is over one of the pictures, then the widget opens again. This makes things very confusing for someone who is not familiar with this project, and obviously nobody else but us is, so all the people we show this too will be very confused. We tried every single node that we thought might work, and still nothing.

Then we have a more minor issue, which is that the starting location for the player is like a waiting area, and we put some music when the player is there. The music plays fine in Win64 builds, and it plays in Firefox, but it never plays in Chrome.

If anyone could give me some pointers about the mouse focus problem, and the movie not playing problem, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks!

Hi,

I have similar problems with the html canvas focus after opening a widget in my project.

Did you find a solution for it?
Thanks in advance!