I’ve encountered a few images in UMG where the images are flipped compared to the Editor. The most notable and easily reproduced example is including the Victory ColorPicker plugin. This ColorPicker plugin uses the Engine’s ColorPicker in a wrapper so I think it’s fair to address UE devs vs the plugin’s creator (I don’t think he maintains it anymore anyway). This might be related to [UE-40051] that couldn’t be reproduced.
ColorPicker in Editor/Windows64:
ColorPicker in HTML5:
Notice how in HTML5 the blue and red are swapped and yellow and cyan are swapped compared to Windows but the default selected color is still Red. Just the image is flipped. This behavior is consistent in the latest versions of Chrome and Firefox.
Steps to reproduce:
- Create a new project
- Download the ColorPicker plugin [ New UMG Widget ] Color Picker UMG Widget, The Same Color Picker You Know and Love! - Community Content, Tools and Tutorials - Unreal Engine Forums . I chose the last official version (4.14) [ New UMG Widget ] Color Picker UMG Widget, The Same Color Picker You Know and Love! - #60 by Rama - Community Content, Tools and Tutorials - Unreal Engine Forums .
- Put the plugin folder inside your UE4 project’s Plugins folder.
- Make sure “HTML5” is whitelisted in the ColorPicker’s .upugin
- Make a simple UMG UI with the color picker.
- Compare the color wheel image in the Editor vs Windows Build vs HTML5